protein-with-every-meal-for-cell-it-is-essential

WHAT DOES PROTEIN DO FOR US AND WHY DO WE NEED PROTEIN WITH EVERY MEAL?
Let’s start at the beginning…..
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, and proteins are the building blocks of our cells in the body.
Protein is needed by every living organism. Next to water it makes up the largest portion of our body weight.
Protein is necessary to maintain healthy skin, nails, muscles, cartilage and blood.
Protein helps to build and repair bodily tissues such as muscle and connective tissue and it is used to produce hormones and enzymes. Hormones and enzymes are the chemical messengers of our body.
The protein derived directly from our diet has to be broken down into amino acids before it can be used in the body. These amino acids are then re-constituted into the specific proteins we need.
Proteins are chains of amino acids linked together. They are bound together with something called a peptide bond. There are about 28 amino acids that we refer to in human health.

The liver manufactures about 80% of these amino acids. These are known as non-essential amino acids, as we are able to manufacture these ourselves. The remaining 20% of amino acids must be supplied directly by diet, and these amino acids are referred to as the essential amino acids. See below for a list of essential and non-essential amino acids.

The most important paragraph in this document!!

“Having protein with every meal is vital as it assists the body in its function of cell growth and muscle repair. Having adequate protein intake at breakfast will give us heaps of fuel in our tank after our long fast overnight and it will help keep us fuller, longer. Protein….. It is essential!”

Gelatin and collagen is great as a source of protein.
It is a naturally occurring product and has no negative side effects. It mixes easily with foods and drinks so therefore is very easy to take. Because of its molecular structure it is easily digested by the body and readily available. It doesn’t leave a heavy feeling in your stomach like some other high protein foods (e.g. Steak). Another advantage is the low acid forming effect which aids in keeping our systems in an alkaline state. Our bodies should be neutral or alkaline. High acid leads to inflammation and joint pain and the ability for other dis-ease states to exist. Taking Gelatin and or collagen as a supplement or including it in food is one of the best things you can do for your health.

You can find out more about the inner workings of Gelatin here

Get some gelatin into your diet. Purchase here

Essential amino acids: (in alphabetical order, not order of importance)

* histidine * isoleucine * leucine * lysine * methionine * phenylalanine * threonine * tryptophan * valine

Nonessential amino acids:

* alanine * arginine * asparagine * aspartic acid * citrulline * cysteine * cystine * gamma-aminobutyric acid
* glutamic acid * glutamine * glycine * ornithine * proline * serine * taurine * tyrosine

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

twelve − 5 =